Clinical ServicesThe Wisemind Centre is committed to clinical excellence and compassionate delivery of psychological treatments supported by empirical research.
We offer treatment primarily in three modalities: individual, group, and online.
Individual Therapy for Adults and AdolescentsIn individual therapy, we work with our clients to develop specific goals they want to achieve at the outset of therapy. By conducting in-depth assessment of our clients’ experience, we provide tailor-made treatments to meet their individual needs. Our goals are to help our clients gain insights to their problems and find solutions to change the thoughts, feelings and behaviors they want to change. Our ultimate goal is to help our clients become their own therapist by teaching them adaptive coping and interaction skills. We balance this change-based approach in therapy with an acceptance-approach by teaching our clients how to acknowledge what is factual in their lives. We believe that by doing so, clients will have a better chance of improving their quality of life, increasing a sense of mastery in managing difficult emotions, building a life worth living, and thriving at home, school, work place, and in their community. The Wisemind Centre offers evidence-based treatments for a number of psychological concerns to adults and adolescents. These include (but are not limited to) the following: .
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobia
- Stress from significant life’s challenges (e.g., divorce, marital separation, death of a close family member, marital distress, career disruption, personal injury or illness)
- Problems with drinking, using drugs, and gambling
- Parenting difficulties
- Life transitions
- Low self esteem
- Difficult interpersonal relationships
- Emotion regulation difficulties
- Suicidal ideations
- Self-harm behaviors/Non-suicidal self-injury
- Eating problems
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder