Workshops and Presentations
To promote psychology and evidence-based practices to consumers and professionals, Dr. Debbie Leung has provided psychology workshops, DBT training, and presentations on various topics in psychology to the general public and clinicians locally and internationally. As an affiliate of Behavioral Tech, an organization originally developed by Dr. Marsha Linehan (treatment developer of DBT) to train professionals to deliver DBT, Dr. Debbie Leung has co-led and presented in days-long intensive DBT workshops. Please email Dr. Debbie Leung (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about her availability to provide an in-house training or workshop for your organization.
- Understanding self-harm behavior among adolescents and treatment options: Why do teens hurt themselves and how can DBT skills help? – multidays online training in June 2024 organized by the The Boys’ & Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong
Past presentations and workshops led and co-led by Dr. Leung, include:
- Relationship Rupture and Repair – a 1.5 hours workshop presented as part of the Sashbear Expert Education Series in October 2023.
- Introduction to DBT training – 6 half-days online training in June 2023 for the Institute of Mental Health, Castle Peak Hospital in Hong Kong.
- DBT Intensive Training Part 1 (5-day online event in April 2022) and Part 2 (5-day online event in October 2022) offered by Behavioral Tech Institute
- DBT Intensive Training Part 1 (5-day in-person event in Seattle, WA in 2019) and Part 2 (5-day online event in Nov 2021) offered by Behavioral Tech Institute
- Introduction to DBT – a 1.5 hours presentation in partnership with BC Psychological Assocation in Febrary 2021 as a Psychology Month event
- What is CBT? – a 1.5 hours presentation in partnership with BC Psychological Assocation in Febrary 2020 as a Psychology Month event
- Introduction to DBT workshop – 3-day in person training in 2013 for Castle Peak Hospital, Hong Kong
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself
Thich Nhat Hanh
Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward
C. S. Lewis